FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: M&M Elite Status Extensions?
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:37 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa
If you can travel with someone else for 2kEUR per person you can get 38000 (32k from flights + 2k (CON-bonus) + 5k(INTER-bonus)) status miles by flying from MAD to Bogota and return (business class for 2). I just did this trip for my vacation and first time every my wife is also a senator (she never went beyond FTL).

If you don't mind economy or need to travel alone for 2kEUR you can get premium economy in E to bogota which would give you 55000 miles for return trip.

Tomasz
Thanks, but even if I did have any interest in going to Bogota of all places, it's financially untenable. When the alternative is to spend a leisurely week trudling along in Poland visiting smaller cities at 20 eur a segment, or fly to Singapore for half and get similar mileage.

Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm right with there with you, although where possible I book SkyTeam (for European itineraries) out of Switzerland because I'm no longer a big fan of Lufthansa Group now. I have been able to get quite far with the double status miles offer on LH credit cards, though.
I've been more Skyteam heavy recently as well, and all 5 of my segments this year (2 flown, 3 booked) are with them, but I've been relying on OK to solve the "last mile problem" for me, and they don't seem to be in a good enough shape to expect them to re-start service any time soon (I've been on the last OK flight out - possibly the last ever - from my local airport back in January).
FTL also gave peace in that if somewhere Skyteam was not a great option, I could count on some level of comfort flying via FRA/MUC/VIE/WAW/ZRH. Same proved crucial in December 2019, where I had flown to Cyprus and a quick lunch in Munich prevented me starving all the way to Larnaca. The alternative would have been to try and survive 4 hours crammed in a Transavia flight. And not even the XP to show for it, back then.
At the same time, I haven't flown LH since February 2020 or any group airline since March of the same, and from what I have seen in the M&M forum, it's been quite the downhill ride since.