FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Passes - what are they and how to use them?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:54 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
24left Thank you! I was thinking of pulling up the details on my phone, but there was a lineup at transborder checkin and I didn’t want to make things worse for my BF. Paper might have been smarter.

The entire check in experience was bizarre, in all my years flying AC I never had someone so mean. No eye contact at any point, couldn‘t engage in dialogue, just barked the name of the documents she wanted to see.
My poor BF didn’t want to be on this trip in the first place and I tried to do something nice for him, but am afraid it backfired on him now amd she will punish him at the gate by taking his little carry on away 😓
Hopefully he will be fine and let you know and you can let us know.

Really sorry about your experience. I say that as a human, not as an apology for AC.
As for her barking, ah yes, IIRC, there is at least one CBC news story about such agents.

BTW, as I was in the line for the YYZ MLL recently, a guy whose first language was not English, but had some status, was trying to use his lounge pass. He knew he selected it as a privilege but it wasn't showing in his AC App. The desk agent was pleasant and tried to help him find it but I thought it would be easier to guest him in and help him from there. I walked him through the app, and suggested when he had time, to call Aeroplan and clear it up. The next day, he sent me an email thanking me and saying yes, the 2 passes were in his account and he could see them on the browser and Aeroplan confirmed he had selected them. They managed to clear it up.

It's not that hard. Being nasty just messes everyone's day and why make customers be part of your "mood".

P.S. Here are 2 of the episodes posted on AC FT. Just read the OPs

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

How Can AC employees tell that you have Altitude Status?