FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Passes - what are they and how to use them?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:34 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
I applied a status pass the my BF’s booking. When I looked up his booking, I got the little fireworks thingy with congratulations that he got a status pass. Look all good to go.

Just dropped him off at YVR and had the worst check in experience with the agent telling us she doesn’t know what a status pass is. Final straw was her looking at his, quite humble, carry on with a lovely threat that she will see about this at boarding.

I am surprised she had never heard of the status pass concept before. Are agents not familiar with Aeroplan status benefits?
@bubbelbine

My experience is there are some AC employees in various customer-facing areas who are not familiar with some things. (and there are a couple of threads on AC FT with examples of this)

Your experience could be one of those related to people who don't know something so they deflect. It doesn't matter that the agent said she never heard of a status pass. What maters is she could have asked another agent, or called a supervisor or help desk. Instead of taking the opportunity to help a customer who had presented a pass that entitled him to service benefits, it seems she chose to deflect her ignorance and focus on your BF and for good measure, and issue a threat about his carry-on and boarding.

I can sometimes forgive people who are ignorant, if they are gracious enough to admit they don't know something and make an effort to learn, or in this case, help a customer. I hate bullies. AC has a few GAs who fit the bill, I've watched them in action. It ain't pretty.

I hope your BF can enjoy his trip, and I am not sure if there is anything you can do now, after the fact and not having found someone else at YVR to talk to.

As is often recommend on AC FT, it's helpful sometimes to carry a paper version of the rules and benefits as well as have the web page link handy to show.

AC page https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../benefits.html

Status pass

Last edited by 24left; Jul 10, 2021 at 6:41 pm