FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA cancelled my paid business reservation and told me "sorry" (and booked on BA)
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:23 am
travelgeek1197

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Antarius
As much as it sucks, what can AA do? If the flight no longer exists , it doesn't exist - they seem to have made efforts to re accommodate you.
This is in no way a personal attack or shot at you, just the statement. My spend with AA 3 years ago was ridiculous, paid business to Asia WAAAAYYYYY too many times a year. They had issues but every airline does.

But things got worse and worse operationally and I just started finding new routes to avoid AA. I found they stopped caring and stopped doing “the job”.

Fast forward to today and it’s laughable.....and these statements and comments is exactly what AA would have you believe and perpetuate. Bottom line I burned the last of my miles this week and it was a great reminder of why I did and drive two hours to catch flights rather than fly AA——it’s that bad.

There is a lot AA and any company can do to take a bad situation and soften the blow, to take a bad experience and make it a customer service win, to let people know you care and value the choice they made to buy your services. But AA chooses not to do that, not with their customers and certainly from what I see not with their employees.

Simply put, they exist because either someone has few other options or AA has to price like spirit and the customer just can’t say no to the price and knowingly knows what they are signing up for. I’m not one of those people and I wish people would stop letting AA slip out the back door of accountability.

Cheers,
TG