FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Air Canada Aeroplan Program
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:23 pm
Bartolo

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by kalderlake
Are these Aeroplan bookings under discussion?

FWIW I've booked one trip involving several 10-hour+ layovers that priced out, correctly, as a single bound.

And though I can't get my most recent attempts to come in at the correct points price, each also included several 10-hour+ layovers that if split into bounds at those breaks would have cost considerably more than what they wanted to charge (eg. 310k vs 150k).

The most recent included 2 layover of 17 hours, and one of 22 hours.

But even if they had split it at the 22 hour layover mark, it would have priced out at 160k instead of 150k.

So based on that I'm assuming the 24 hour rule still applies to Aeroplan bookings.

i reviewed my notes from the conversation. AE rules are now different than AC rules in this regard.I believe the 24 hr rule still applies to international routes on an AE tx. I’m booking a transborder tx so didn’t ask about international in that conversation.

There is definitely a new “10 hr rule”. The expectation is that with a connection, one takes the last flight of the day at point of origin and the first flight out the next day for your itinerary. Anything different is considered two one-ways.

If the connection runs slightly over 10 hours and one takes the last flight from point of origin according to the schedule, they “might” be able to force it. The10 hrs is calculated from scheduled arrival time at connection to scheduled departure time from connection.

I did an extensive search and did not find this info written anywhere but the agent was absolutely certain of it. I was also told it might not apply if AC cancelled the flight and had to rebook you.