FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:43 pm
alex67500

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Parkdesigner
(And most curiously... if 16 August is the end of mandatory quarantine for people coming in to the UK from amber countries... if I land on the 14th, and isolate for 48 hours, will I be able to exit on the 16th as well... or will be I be forced to complete the quarantine while those that arrived 2 days after me will have 8 days of freedom prior to me!?! )
Unfortunately, if history repeats itself, you are bound by the rules applicable on the day you enter the country. So the silly scenario you describe above is what we expect it to be. Yes it's ridiculous, but please don't shoot the messenger! Another point to note is that for now, some rumours have been that it could be limited to UK residents only, but it is only wild speculation at this stage. There should be an update in Parliament on Wed or Thu. Follow this thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...val-tests.html) for an update as soon as it happens.