FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:06 pm
Parkdesigner

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim_T
Pure speculation,

now the U.K. has announced that the required to self isolate if you have been in close contact with a positive COVID person will be removed from 16th august for those with two doses of vaccine, will the 16th august also be the date for those travel from amber counties with two doses to not have to quarantine? And if so, could the USA also announce a similar date in reciprocation?

given that I have a vacation to the USA booked for the 19th august, I clearly hope so - but accept I’m clutching at straws.
Really good question - I canceled my flight tomorrow to the UK form LAX for the 7th (!!) time since the onset of the pandemic. After a few failed attempts and guesses in 2020, I shifted the departure out by over 6 months foolishly thinking "I'm sure it will all be sorted by then!"

Nevertheless, I apparently, like you, was grasping at straws for my May, June, and July departures. Now - I'm set for 13 August and am very eager to know what the 16 August dates may mean!
(And most curiously... if 16 August is the end of mandatory quarantine for people coming in to the UK from amber countries... if I land on the 14th, and isolate for 48 hours, will I be able to exit on the 16th as well... or will be I be forced to complete the quarantine while those that arrived 2 days after me will have 8 days of freedom prior to me!?! )