FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:18 am
parrotheadmjb

Originally Posted by xooz
To be clearer, the certs have been accrued by me. I want to use my cert for a friend that will be travelling with me. Previously, I thought you could not use your own cert for anyone other than yourself.
I understand, you can use your certificates for anyone else. Anyone can use their certificates for anyone they want to. You just call the Global Call center (or in your case just email your Concierge) and book into whatever name you want. I recently used 3, one from a credit card, one from hit 30 nights and I really can't remember where the 3rd one came from for my wife's friend in August. My wife had 3 certificates accrued by herself through the credit card and I called up and booked it directly into my name.
I did this because she was going to use her certificates for her friend and we both had 3, I said no let me guest of honor my 3 certificates so she gets free valet, also I don't want to stay under your name because I want the globalist benefits so lets use yours in my name LOL.
. Almost nobody really knew about it (some did, I did not) until this article was posted in February: https://frequentmiler.com/bet-you-di...-someone-else/

EDIT: You may need to use the terms "I want to gift my certificates"