FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:13 am
mgerber8

Originally Posted by NTP66
Anyone fly out of PHL recently on a Saturday morning? With the large economy lot still closed, and PHL tweeting that the garage is filling up on Thursday and Friday, I'm wondering how bad it will be at 4am on a Saturday morning. I'm also wondering if the AAdvantage Aviator lot is also included in their temporary long term parking, as I haven't been able to confirm that elsewhere.
Just flew from PHL over 4th of July weekend, and we used the garage around 5:30 am on a Saturday morning. The garage was definitely much more full than it would ever have been pre-pandemic when the economy lot was open, but there were spots available (this was in the B/A-East section). We just found that we had to go higher up than usual, and we had to be a little flexible. For example, we ended up parking more in the A-East section of the garage, since B (what we wanted) was more full. We also normally always get something on the first level where you can walk directly inside and across to security, but had no luck there. We found more spots on the 2nd level. I'd assume it would have been easier if we had gone up even further. When we arrived back at PHL yesterday, we still noted open spots here and there when walking back to our car.

I also saw the PHL tweets about garages being totally full and was nervous about it, but I think it was a bit overblown. However, the garages definitely are more full than they used to be, and it seems like they definitely need the economy lot back. I would leave a bit more time than usual for parking in the garages right now, but nothing crazy.

We didn't look at the AAdvantage Aviator lot to see what the situation is down there.