FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:39 am
realgaga

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I just came across the T&Cs for purchasing access to the AM lounge, as it popped up in my booking in the "R" class or infamous ;-) named "Classic Fare".
.... Customers need to present a confirmed Qatar Airways Economy Class ticket to avail this service......
.... Lounge access is included free of charge for all Business and First Class passengers as well as eligible Frequent Flyer Programme members.....
UNQUOTE
So reading the T&Cs I am NOT entitled to pay for access to AM, because I hold a Business class ticket and itīs written that access shall be free of charge...

This makes me a little bit smile...because we know "the execution" is different ;-)
However, we (my wife and daughter) will access the AM next week with "R" as we are both Platinum members (till the end of the year, because a re-qualification with the current quarantine regulations in Thailand is impossible), at least as long as the "First Class Lounge" (that one for the tier guests) is closed.
Wish you all the best and safe travel!

Attached the screenshot as well.

This isn't a case of rule vs reality, but simply that QR didn't update this page with the conditions of the new fare families.