FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:41 am
chil

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by DL77
Sure, sure. But we are not just talking about tourism, this unmotivated madness is also blocking work visas holders, investors and tax payers. Stop tourism is ok but the rest is unacceptable.
Nobody cares about foreigners here.
I hold "the highest possible rank" employment visa (O1A -- extraordinary abilities), which means that the fact that I am qualified to do the job the American applicants cannot (and hence I am not competing at the "normal" job market) is certified by the Department of Labor -- I still cannot travel with it -- they request the stupid NIE every time and the embassies in Europe/UK are extremely unresponsive and slow. Moreover, I work for the US government -- even this does not help. I don't know -- maybe I should contact the lawyers at my workplace (we have a plenty of them in the DC office and they all do nothing most of the time) and sue the government?