FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:37 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mendacio
Would I have the same restriction too, since I'm booking through QR, or is this about something else? Thanks for the help! (also sent you a dm)
The post you quoted was referred to somebody who purchased an ticket through American Airlines which doesn't have any Classic/Comfort, etc... restrictions. You are intending to purchase your ticket from QR so your case is totally different.

By the way, I have already answered your PM.

Originally Posted by planes&trains
How do they keep track of the duration of the stay? I have OWS and thank you @ISTFlyer for clarifying that I should be able to get in irrespective of the fare class. But, I am wondering, if they don't let me into their flagship lounge and I opt to pay, do I have to self-report duration? My layover next week is only two hours but I am wondering what happens if I miss a connection or something like that.
They would let you in as the Al Mourjan Lounge is the only QR Lounge at DOH open at this time.

However, for paid access I am not sure about their method but;
- In the lounge, someone staff could randomly ask for which flight you are in or to see your boarding pass. This random boarding pass check has happened to me almost everywhere in the lounge on multiple occasions. IMO, these checks could be related to paid access. I always accessed the Al Mourjan through my QRPC Platinum status thus I don't know what do they do if you do overstay and don't pay for the additional $96.