QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by TTL
Two AY Plats = OW Emeralds, one PNR - in next Nov HEL-DOH-MLE and back in QR R restricted business without lounge benefit. Which lounges? Layover in returning would be around 9 hours in the middle of the night, maybe a hotel in transit area?
In HIA, they will be allowed into the First Class (Status) lounge. However, if the Al Mourjan Buisness Lounge remains the only lounge open then, they'll get access to Al Mourjan.
TTL likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Booked a codeshare revenue ticket (economy) on AA's website to fly QR and have a layover in Doha. Does QR sell access to the Al Mourjan lounge for my economy ticket? Don't have any OW status.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Booked a codeshare revenue ticket (economy) on AA's website to fly QR and have a layover in Doha. Does QR sell access to the Al Mourjan lounge for my economy ticket? Don't have any OW status.
Yes, you could pay the walk-in fee which is $96 at the entrance and enjoy the Al Mourjan Lounge.
Also as a reminder that you would have a 6 hour limit with paid access. If you are planning to stay more than 6 hours, you would need to pay an additional $96 for every additional 6 hours.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
If you've been well fed and watered on the first sector, you might value a bed in the airport's "sleep lounge". A bed there for 6 hours will cost around the same as lounge entry.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
I'm thinking of buying a QR-operated AA codeshare ticket in J (AA I class). Will I be admitted to the Al Mourjan Lounge on a layover? I have OW Emerald status but it doesn't seem to matter there -- this lounge is listed as an exclusion on the AAdvantage web-site.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by chil
I'm thinking of buying a QR-operated AA codeshare ticket in J (AA I class). Will I be admitted to the Al Mourjan Lounge on a layover? I have OW Emerald status but it doesn't seem to matter there -- this lounge is listed as an exclusion on the AAdvantage web-site.
You would be admitted into the Al Mourjan Lounge as your ticket would be issued on 001- stock.
The new restriction only applies to tickets issued by Qatar Airways thus on 157- stock.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:34 am

A few months ago QR had a press release about a partnership with Dyptique on flights and lounges. Is this still a thing?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Aeroplan 50k, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
What would you guys do?

Hi all,

Current OWS (alaska MVPG) at the moment, thinking of taking my folks to ATH from SEA for my dad's 80th. Gonna treat them to biz class-QSuites!

Seeing the "classic" vs "comfort fares"...as a OWS, seat selection is given, but lounge access isn't. the DOH layover is about 12 hours from 6pm to 6am (although daytime in seattle). The cost between the two is about $500 total, one way, for the whole party (3 of us), so I'm basically paying 165$ for lounge access. Heard its 96$USD for AM lounge just to pay for it.

1. Heard that a comfort fare lounge access is less limited with time (no limit) compared to paying for it (6 hours?). Is that still the case? (if so, I suppose paying for comfort fare would be a better deal...)
--I did call today to QR and the agent seemed incompetent sounding, so I'm not sure if she's aware whats happening on the ground in DOH, but she said that it is a 6 hour limit regardless of paying or status or ticket class.
2. Since its going to be 'daytime' back at home, we could probably chill at the AM lounge for the time and eat...Or does everyone here think getting a hotel is the better option? (it'll be around 200 bucks, but no food or drink, and stuck within a room)
3. As a OWS, could I get access for two of us and just pay for the third person, if I take the classic ticket instead of comfort?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by mendacio; Jul 5, 2021 at 1:48 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mendacio
Hi all,

Current OWS (alaska MVPG) at the moment, thinking of taking my folks to ATH from SEA for my dad's 80th. Gonna treat them to biz class-QSuites!

Seeing the "classic" vs "comfort fares"...as a OWS, seat selection is given, but lounge access isn't. the DOH layover is about 12 hours from 6pm to 6am (although daytime in seattle). The cost between the two is about $500 total, one way, for the whole party (3 of us), so I'm basically paying 165$ for lounge access. Heard its 96$USD for AM lounge just to pay for it.

1. Heard that a comfort fare lounge access is less limited with time (no limit) compared to paying for it (6 hours?). Is that still the case? (if so, I suppose paying for comfort fare would be a better deal...)
--I did call today to QR and the agent seemed incompetent sounding, so I'm not sure if she's aware whats happening on the ground in DOH, but she said that it is a 6 hour limit regardless of paying or status or ticket class.
2. Since its going to be 'daytime' back at home, we could probably chill at the AM lounge for the time and eat...Or does everyone here think getting a hotel is the better option? (it'll be around 200 bucks, but no food or drink, and stuck within a room)
3. As a OWS, could I get access for two of us and just pay for the third person, if I take the classic ticket instead of comfort?

Thanks everyone!
So before answering your questions on a Classic fare, your OWS status would allow you and one guest to the Business Class status lounge if open at that time. If the status lounges are not open, you have Al Mourjan Lounge for 2 people ( you + one guest ) for the entire duration of your layover. I don't know when is your fathers birthday so I can't comment on the probability of which would happen.

1. It's true that lounge access based on the booking class or status does not have any time limit. The 6 hour time limit only applies for paid entry in the lounges. The agent on the phone gave you incorrect information.
2. I would go for the Al Mourjan, just in case you could ask for a private room cubicle in the back.
3. Currently yes but things could change, however, if the third guest wants to stay 6h+ in the lounge, you would need to pay 96x2 = $192 for him.

Also don't forget that the $165 difference would also give you extra miles depending on the FFP. It's all up to you.
mendacio likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Aeroplan 50k, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would be admitted into the Al Mourjan Lounge as your ticket would be issued on 001- stock.
The new restriction only applies to tickets issued by Qatar Airways thus on 157- stock.
...your OWS status would allow you and one guest to the Business Class status lounge if open at that time. If the status lounges are not open, you have Al Mourjan Lounge for 2 people ( you + one guest ) for the entire duration of your layover.

1. It's true that lounge access based on the booking class or status does not have any time limit. The 6 hour time limit only applies for paid entry in the lounges. The agent on the phone gave you incorrect information.
Would I have the same restriction too, since I'm booking through QR, or is this about something else? Thanks for the help! (also sent you a dm)
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:26 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

How do they keep track of the duration of the stay? I have OWS and thank you @ISTFlyer for clarifying that I should be able to get in irrespective of the fare class. But, I am wondering, if they don't let me into their flagship lounge and I opt to pay, do I have to self-report duration? My layover next week is only two hours but I am wondering what happens if I miss a connection or something like that.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mendacio
Would I have the same restriction too, since I'm booking through QR, or is this about something else? Thanks for the help! (also sent you a dm)
The post you quoted was referred to somebody who purchased an ticket through American Airlines which doesn't have any Classic/Comfort, etc... restrictions. You are intending to purchase your ticket from QR so your case is totally different.

By the way, I have already answered your PM.

Originally Posted by planes&trains
How do they keep track of the duration of the stay? I have OWS and thank you @ISTFlyer for clarifying that I should be able to get in irrespective of the fare class. But, I am wondering, if they don't let me into their flagship lounge and I opt to pay, do I have to self-report duration? My layover next week is only two hours but I am wondering what happens if I miss a connection or something like that.
They would let you in as the Al Mourjan Lounge is the only QR Lounge at DOH open at this time.

However, for paid access I am not sure about their method but;
- In the lounge, someone staff could randomly ask for which flight you are in or to see your boarding pass. This random boarding pass check has happened to me almost everywhere in the lounge on multiple occasions. IMO, these checks could be related to paid access. I always accessed the Al Mourjan through my QRPC Platinum status thus I don't know what do they do if you do overstay and don't pay for the additional $96.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:50 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

They would let you in as the Al Mourjan Lounge is the only QR Lounge at DOH open at this time.
Thank you. This is very helpful.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
I just came across the T&Cs for purchasing access to the AM lounge, as it popped up in my booking in the "R" class or infamous ;-) named "Classic Fare".
.... Customers need to present a confirmed Qatar Airways Economy Class ticket to avail this service......
.... Lounge access is included free of charge for all Business and First Class passengers as well as eligible Frequent Flyer Programme members.....
UNQUOTE
So reading the T&Cs I am NOT entitled to pay for access to AM, because I hold a Business class ticket and its written that access shall be free of charge...

This makes me a little bit smile...because we know "the execution" is different ;-)
However, we (my wife and daughter) will access the AM next week with "R" as we are both Platinum members (till the end of the year, because a re-qualification with the current quarantine regulations in Thailand is impossible), at least as long as the "First Class Lounge" (that one for the tier guests) is closed.
Wish you all the best and safe travel!

Attached the screenshot as well.

Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I just came across the T&Cs for purchasing access to the AM lounge, as it popped up in my booking in the "R" class or infamous ;-) named "Classic Fare".
.... Customers need to present a confirmed Qatar Airways Economy Class ticket to avail this service......
.... Lounge access is included free of charge for all Business and First Class passengers as well as eligible Frequent Flyer Programme members.....
UNQUOTE
So reading the T&Cs I am NOT entitled to pay for access to AM, because I hold a Business class ticket and its written that access shall be free of charge...

This makes me a little bit smile...because we know "the execution" is different ;-)
However, we (my wife and daughter) will access the AM next week with "R" as we are both Platinum members (till the end of the year, because a re-qualification with the current quarantine regulations in Thailand is impossible), at least as long as the "First Class Lounge" (that one for the tier guests) is closed.
Wish you all the best and safe travel!

Attached the screenshot as well.

This isn't a case of rule vs reality, but simply that QR didn't update this page with the conditions of the new fare families.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.