FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:01 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mendacio
Hi all,

Current OWS (alaska MVPG) at the moment, thinking of taking my folks to ATH from SEA for my dad's 80th. Gonna treat them to biz class-QSuites!

Seeing the "classic" vs "comfort fares"...as a OWS, seat selection is given, but lounge access isn't. the DOH layover is about 12 hours from 6pm to 6am (although daytime in seattle). The cost between the two is about $500 total, one way, for the whole party (3 of us), so I'm basically paying 165$ for lounge access. Heard its 96$USD for AM lounge just to pay for it.

1. Heard that a comfort fare lounge access is less limited with time (no limit) compared to paying for it (6 hours?). Is that still the case? (if so, I suppose paying for comfort fare would be a better deal...)
--I did call today to QR and the agent seemed incompetent sounding, so I'm not sure if she's aware whats happening on the ground in DOH, but she said that it is a 6 hour limit regardless of paying or status or ticket class.
2. Since its going to be 'daytime' back at home, we could probably chill at the AM lounge for the time and eat...Or does everyone here think getting a hotel is the better option? (it'll be around 200 bucks, but no food or drink, and stuck within a room)
3. As a OWS, could I get access for two of us and just pay for the third person, if I take the classic ticket instead of comfort?

Thanks everyone!
So before answering your questions on a Classic fare, your OWS status would allow you and one guest to the Business Class status lounge if open at that time. If the status lounges are not open, you have Al Mourjan Lounge for 2 people ( you + one guest ) for the entire duration of your layover. I don't know when is your fathers birthday so I can't comment on the probability of which would happen.

1. It's true that lounge access based on the booking class or status does not have any time limit. The 6 hour time limit only applies for paid entry in the lounges. The agent on the phone gave you incorrect information.
2. I would go for the Al Mourjan, just in case you could ask for a private room cubicle in the back.
3. Currently yes but things could change, however, if the third guest wants to stay 6h+ in the lounge, you would need to pay 96x2 = $192 for him.

Also don't forget that the $165 difference would also give you extra miles depending on the FFP. It's all up to you.