FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:40 pm
Polytonic

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
What do people think about possible changes if they were to refresh?

I'd imagine they keep the Priority Pass and Travel Credit and existing earnings structure (5x Flights, 5x Dining)

At this point, 4NF total cost is more expensive than booking direct. I wonder if they'd consider bringing back 4NF via Citi Concierge? I got a lot of value out of the old 4NF system, though I definitely understand why this went away.

I get a lot of Citi Entertainment emails. I've never been to one of these events (has anyone else?) but I like this idea in principle. Maybe a Fandango or movie theatre credit and bring back the entertainment earnings (4xMuseums/Movie Tickets/etc.)

Hotel or even airline status would be kinda neat, though I'm guessing Amex -> Marriott/Hilton/Delta and Chase -> Marriott/Hyatt/IHG/United locks Citi out of any existing hotel partnerships.

Citi seems to be retreating from consumer/retail banking everywhere I can see (here in the US, abroad in Asia, etc.)

I've been somewhat annoyed at how basically all credit cards have the same set of basic benefits and coupon-book style credits, and it's devolved into "pick your transfer partners" ...