FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:57 am
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Just out of curiosity which Caesars restaurants do you like? All the ones I've tried have paled in comparison to the MGM restaurants. I've heard good things about Guy Savoy, but outside of that and possibly Nobu, it seems like the rest are, ok, or much lower end.
I don't patronize the really upper end like Guy Savoy, Robuchon, etc., but we always stay at Caesars or Paris and I like many of their mid-tier restaurants, I don't consider them to be lower end at all...but of course we all have different standards. A few are the Eiffel Tower, Martorano's (we were surprised how much we liked it, more elevated than your usual red-sauce Italian, despite his persona), I didn't care for it but Gordon Ramsay steak is not low end, over at Caesars we like (or should I say "liked" past tense) Mesa Grill, and would often patronize the restaurants in the Forum Shoppes - particularly The Palm and Il Mulino. There's also Giada at Cromwell. You can find hidden gems in almost every hotel.

One thing to keep in mind is that outside of Caesars Palace and Paris, most of the CET hotels are mostly lower end (Linq, Harrah's, Flamingo, etc.) whereas MGM has more hotels that are higher end (Bellagio, Aria, MGM, MB, etc., etc.). But I think almost every hotel has both high, mid and low end choices. I believe in bloom where you're planted, so we mostly stick around and eat where we are staying. And we often do stay at MGM hotels, and eat there when we do. You just have to seek out what you want. The landscape has also changed from Pre to Post Covid so many have not reopened or have limited days of the week.

If you only want super high end that's one thing, but I prefer a balance when we travel.