Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Old Jul 2, 21, 11:55 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by pzpa View Post
I've seen a report as well by a guest whose change from Crockfords to Conrad was treated as a walk after the individual escalated the issue (didn't include a ton of specifics).
ill be checking in in July 6th for a 4 night stay so I hope I don’t have to deal with being walked and will report back all the details
hsumh316 and pzpa like this.
Kai Smith is offline  
Old Jul 3, 21, 8:49 pm
  #92  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,807
Another odd data point only 5 treadmills in the only gym for 3000 plus rooms/all 3 brands.Sounds like you would be waiting till Xmas eve to use one
The Points Guy blog wrote a informative review and claims the Conrad beds as overly firm claiming it as possible Asian preference?
Other: An insider at the hotel says they get numerous complaints about the pillows.Clueless as to why but could be foam vs feathers etc
My gut tells me this wont be replacing my other go to hotels.Waldorf,Aria, Vdara, Palazzo, Cosmo etc
Its sounds too touristy and factory like albeit new and shiny.The restaurants are simply not my speed either.They seem gimmicky without substance
MGM & Caesars always seems to get the best dining establishments and some other properties around town as well
Some of have said sterile blah mall that they dropped a massive casino into
Hopefully they are wrong and its a winner.
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 8:16 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 329
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
MGM & Caesars always seems to get the best dining establishments and some other properties around town as well
Just out of curiosity which Caesars restaurants do you like? All the ones I've tried have paled in comparison to the MGM restaurants. I've heard good things about Guy Savoy, but outside of that and possibly Nobu, it seems like the rest are, ok, or much lower end.
Zelucifer is online now  
Old Jul 4, 21, 8:57 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,641
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
Just out of curiosity which Caesars restaurants do you like? All the ones I've tried have paled in comparison to the MGM restaurants. I've heard good things about Guy Savoy, but outside of that and possibly Nobu, it seems like the rest are, ok, or much lower end.
I don't patronize the really upper end like Guy Savoy, Robuchon, etc., but we always stay at Caesars or Paris and I like many of their mid-tier restaurants, I don't consider them to be lower end at all...but of course we all have different standards. A few are the Eiffel Tower, Martorano's (we were surprised how much we liked it, more elevated than your usual red-sauce Italian, despite his persona), I didn't care for it but Gordon Ramsay steak is not low end, over at Caesars we like (or should I say "liked" past tense) Mesa Grill, and would often patronize the restaurants in the Forum Shoppes - particularly The Palm and Il Mulino. There's also Giada at Cromwell. You can find hidden gems in almost every hotel.

One thing to keep in mind is that outside of Caesars Palace and Paris, most of the CET hotels are mostly lower end (Linq, Harrah's, Flamingo, etc.) whereas MGM has more hotels that are higher end (Bellagio, Aria, MGM, MB, etc., etc.). But I think almost every hotel has both high, mid and low end choices. I believe in bloom where you're planted, so we mostly stick around and eat where we are staying. And we often do stay at MGM hotels, and eat there when we do. You just have to seek out what you want. The landscape has also changed from Pre to Post Covid so many have not reopened or have limited days of the week.

If you only want super high end that's one thing, but I prefer a balance when we travel.
isle-hawg and strickerj like this.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 2:07 pm
  #95  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,807
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
Just out of curiosity which Caesars restaurants do you like? All the ones I've tried have paled in comparison to the MGM restaurants. I've heard good things about Guy Savoy, but outside of that and possibly Nobu, it seems like the rest are, ok, or much lower end.
I too don't like snooty pretentious clip joints so called upper high end fussed with food and frequently over priced restaurants with some exceptions. @Caesars historically I've been a big fan of "The Palm" the 4/ 5 pound broiled or steamed lobsters,the prime NY strip steaks and the steakhouse burgers at lunch.
Having said that they were bought out by the Landry's folks who own Morton's Del Frisco Mastros etc
Had dinner with one of their executives recently who seems like a great guy and on a mission to keep the brand supreme if not better over time
However time will tell all and they have proven they can preserve the great past and fix with what needs to change going forward.
My favorite bone in rib eye @ 28oz appears to have come of the menu in favor of a lightweight boneless rib eye.I won't order that.
They claim the bone in heavier steak is coming back and hope that is the case

But back to others in Caesars ."The Water Grill" has some exceptional seafood and outstanding french fries one of the few worth eating in America
and the iconic legendary Joe's Seafood typically one of Americas better crab cakes and some other excellent seafood.Service has always been good to me
Key lime pie and Peanut butter mouse pie for dessert is not to be missed.If you cant make up your mind they will do a half slice of each
As others have stated "Il Mulino" a classic NYC Italian though I'm partial to "Carbone" at Aria home to the worlds best garlicky Caesar salad and likely the most expensive salad you'll ever buy but worth it!.The cold lobster cocktail,the bone in breaded veal parm and the best lemon cheese cake ever.

Tried the Old Homestead and thought the over rated Pat La Freida steaks were lack luster and crazy expensive avoid IMO and off topic not @ Caesers Giada
I don't get it all I would never go back.Shes pretty the dining room attractive but as for the cooking direction not impressed
My waist is expanding so end of food talk for now
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 2:24 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,641
Like you, I mentioned mostly places in the Forum Shoppes - not CP per se. We did not like Rao's at all, nor the Homestead, nor Nobu.

I knew Landry's had bought the Palm but I didn't know they also had Mastro's - ate there a few weeks ago when we were staying at the Waldorf Astoria, quick walk, loved the treehouse and the rack of lamb was great - full 7-8 ribs. And it was so quiet compared to the Mastro's Beverly Hills where we could not hear ourselves think.

Didn't care for Giada's, either, just added it because it is a supposedly more upscale offering in a CET hotel.

We did like Twist in the W-A years ago but unfortunately they never reopened.

The OP might also enjoy e by Jose Andres for an upscale experience. I'm older than many of you and had my fill of those types of place over the years, now I go where we like the food and atmosphere and feel comfortable. Not into weird anymore. Alinea in Chicago cured us of that once and for all.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 4:56 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,767
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
Just out of curiosity which Caesars restaurants do you like? All the ones I've tried have paled in comparison to the MGM restaurants. I've heard good things about Guy Savoy, but outside of that and possibly Nobu, it seems like the rest are, ok, or much lower end.
Agreed. The restaurants at CET properties is underwhelming when compared to other properties on the Strip (mLife, Wynn/Encore, V/P, Cosmo). There are a few restaurants that I would like to try at the Forum Shops at CP but one cannot use RCs or backend comps at these restaurants.
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 5:10 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,641
Since this is the Resorts World thread, and not CET or MGM still looking for recommendations for our stay there in August. I think reviews will start to trickle in. And remember our Hilton connection will either mean lots of points or in my case the use of our Aspire resort credit. My biggest nightmare is that at the end of our meal they say "sorry, our system is down and you can't charge to your room".
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 5:27 pm
  #99  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,807
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Like you, I mentioned mostly places in the Forum Shoppes - not CP per se. We did not like Rao's at all, nor the Homestead, nor Nobu.

I knew Landry's had bought the Palm but I didn't know they also had Mastro's - ate there a few weeks ago when we were staying at the Waldorf Astoria, quick walk, loved the treehouse and the rack of lamb was great - full 7-8 ribs. And it was so quiet compared to the Mastro's Beverly Hills where we could not hear ourselves think.

Didn't care for Giada's, either, just added it because it is a supposedly more upscale offering in a CET hotel.

We did like Twist in the W-A years ago but unfortunately they never reopened.

The OP might also enjoy e by Jose Andres for an upscale experience. I'm older than many of you and had my fill of those types of place over the years, now I go where we like the food and atmosphere and feel comfortable. Not into weird anymore. Alinea in Chicago cured us of that once and for all.
I became a huge fan of Mastro's rack of lamb because Morton's took it off the menu completely as they did grilled lamb chops which were even better
Love the Waldorf Astoria and they have been great to me. I wish they would update their dated gym like Aria and I would never go anywhere else
I am not expecting Crockfords to outshine it except perhaps in the newer hard product.
Thanks for the heads up on Mastros Bev I'll avoid it
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 5:40 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,641
I've not had them but based on pictures the lamb chops at the Palm look amazing, too. Like you we usually go there for the big lobsters on the summer special, unfortunately not this year, that's how we serendipitously ended up at Mastro's.

When I mentioned to our waiter how nice it was to have a quiet, civilized dinner compared to BH, he said that most Mastro's do go for the buzz (I call it cacophony), he had actually worked at BH and agreed with me.

And of course there is also a Palm in BH for when you're in the nabe.

In other cities we have enjoyed the lamb chops at the Capital Grille, but the LV one seems to want to coat them in crud (mint gremolata IIRC?) Good meat needs to be left alone.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jul 4, 21, 8:17 pm
  #101  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,807
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
I've not had them but based on pictures the lamb chops at the Palm look amazing, too. Like you we usually go there for the big lobsters on the summer special, unfortunately not this year, that's how we serendipitously ended up at Mastro's.

When I mentioned to our waiter how nice it was to have a quiet, civilized dinner compared to BH, he said that most Mastro's do go for the buzz (I call it cacophony), he had actually worked at BH and agreed with me.

And of course there is also a Palm in BH for when you're in the nabe.

In other cities we have enjoyed the lamb chops at the Capital Grille, but the LV one seems to want to coat them in crud (mint gremolata IIRC?) Good meat needs to be left alone.
Your on point with your assessment of the Palm Lamb Chops up there in my book.
Wouldn't be surprised sadly to see them cut off the menu as they don't see them as a high demand item sadly
Hence why they cut the best ones ever from the Morton's menu
I've had them at Ruth Chris too and while not as good still good.I just hate they drench everything in butter so ask them to leave it off
Been to the Palm in Bev Hills and the former West Hollywood location for many years and still seek it out on occasion
Yes I hate restaurants that have to recreate the meat by putting all kinds of weird flavors on (yes crud lol) to please their ego by being different.
Agree fully a good product can basically stand alone
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Jul 5, 21, 9:17 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Posts: 6,641
Not only do I ask them to leave off the butter when I'm stuck going to Ruth's Chris, but I ask to have the steak put on a regular plate, not a sizzling platter - the meat is well done by the time you're finished.

I don't mind creative dishes with many things, but when it's a steak or lamb chops I don't think they need any embellishment.

I think we're going to try Brezza at Resorts World.
Eujeanie is offline  
Old Jul 6, 21, 11:48 am
  #103  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,807
I've decided to throw in the towel and cancel all my bookings at Hilton & Crockfords
Reasons/Reports of
Horrible quality of food & poor execution,over pricing,long lines
Overcrowded facilities
Bad hard beds
Poorly sparse non luxury rooms
Mostly negative reviews on hard product both Hilton and Conrad
The photos/decor of Conrad look truly poor despite being a new premium luxury brand
My perception is I can go to Vegas whenever and happy in a variety of other hotels and this one doesn't seem prime time at present if ever
& no reports of upgrading Diamond members

Crockfords seems to be the one possible exception but even then you buy a room there or redeem and its the same package
that comes with all the negative which is the facility
The good or the bad and the bad seems to be a resonating theme
To sum up one reviewer "nobody expected another Wynn or Aria etc however nobody expected a 300 dollar a night new Holiday Inn either"
Crockfords has no guest reviews as of yet
I'm out for now.especially as the positive/good reviews seem rehearsed from someone inside the hotel
777 global mile hound is offline  
Old Jul 7, 21, 12:52 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I've decided to throw in the towel and cancel all my bookings at Hilton & Crockfords
Reasons/Reports of
Horrible quality of food & poor execution,over pricing,long lines...l
Good luck with the cancellation! I had a reservation for September that supposedly could be cancelled with no charge up until 2 days prior to arrival. They charged my credit card $300 deposit. 3 weeks and 3 phone calls later, they still have not returned the "refundable deposit."

I will be reporting it to Amex as a fraudulent charge.
kirkwoodj and strickerj like this.
porciuscato is offline  
Old Jul 7, 21, 1:55 pm
  #105  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,807
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
Good luck with the cancellation! I had a reservation for September that supposedly could be cancelled with no charge up until 2 days prior to arrival. They charged my credit card $300 deposit. 3 weeks and 3 phone calls later, they still have not returned the "refundable deposit."

I will be reporting it to Amex as a fraudulent charge.
Sorry to hear what a mess
Rarely do business with American Express anymore due to the poorly communicating sometimes clueless overseas call centers
and poor handling sadly of disputes by closing cases when they haven't been resolved or responded too.
They did some horrible things to me that were petty when I simply closed one of my 3 accounts over fee increases on the Platinum card
My lifetime spending with them over decades has been considerable and they lost my future business.
I'm certain I wont be missed customers are disposable in their eyes.They are a shadow of what they were years ago which was the best charge card in the world

If I was in your shoes I would likely simply dispute showing cancellation as the hotel will eventually send over their paperwork disputing your fraudulent claim
Which can end up dragging it out even longer IMO.
If you wish to get my recommendation of a much better company than American Express I am happy to share by PM
I am thrilled to have mostly excellent service now and a 100% satisfaction on any disputes which thankfully are rare.I know the merchants I do business with typically
777 global mile hound is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread