FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada Will Require Negative COVID-19 Test 72 Hours Before Arrival
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:01 pm
under2100

Originally Posted by LizSop
Anyone flown from the UK and know which of the hundreds of private (and expensive ) PCR tests available meet the Canadian requirements? I'm wondering if the need for the result to show "Name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test" means you can't swab yourself at home, which is what the majority of tests appear to be. Also most of them don't appear to guarentee a result within 72 hours. I thought being fully vaccinated meant this was going to be easier.....

Thanks
You don't need PCR for Canada, you can use LAMP (a molecular test). I fly out of LHR and use Collinson in T2 or T5 - their lamp is GBP85 at the moment (slightly more than PCR) but turns around in 90-120 minutes, so can be done the day of the flight, depending on your departure time. I've used them twice to enter Canada without problem. I think BA often has a discount code on their site which I've used and the test people never asked details (wasn't flying BA). The reception people at Collinson are pretty friendly, and I print out the infos from the govt website about what I need on the cert and double check that everything will be included beforehand. They haven't had to alter it specially for me so far.

TBH, I paid CAD$150 for a mere antigen test in BC, so I don't think the prices in the UK are that bad.