FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Balkans Trip - Help
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:07 pm
Putnik

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelDoorsOut
Thanks all. Currently in Greece, will probably fly ATH to Tirana. Then bus to Lake Ohrid/Skopje and then is there a train to Belgrade? From Belgrade I was thinking train to Zagreb and Sarajevo from Dubrovnik? However, since you guys are saying skip Macedonia/Kosovo, I could do Tirana to Montenegro, train to Belgrade, than Sarajevo and onto Croatia? Is it better to do Tirana to Belgrade and save Montenegro when stationed in Dubrovnik? Need helpppp!

Besides Tirana, anything worth seeing in Albania?
From a quick google search it does not look like there is a train from Skopje to Beograd right now. Train rid from Montenegro (Bar or Podgorica) to Belgrade is at least 8 hours. As someone said in the thread, there is not train from Sarajevo or anywhere else to Dubrovnik.
Yes, I would explore Montenegro when stationed in Dubrovnik.
If you must go to Tirana, then I would fly from there to Beograd, then train (slow) or fly to Zagreb or Split (even slower train, with a stop in Zagreb). There I would rent a car and explore Croatia and drive down to your destination of Dubrovnik.

Trains in Ex Yugoslavia are very slow, often late and unreliable.