FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta weak in Mountain-West despite SLC hub
Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:17 am
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
I've never quite understood why Delta doesn't take better advantage of its SLC hub to serve a number of regional airports in the west which appear to me to be underserved:

Everett-Paine Field
Yakima
Salem
Klamath Falls
Eureka
Redding
Chico
Santa Rosa
Modesto
Monterey
San Luis Obispo
Bakersfield
Bullhead City-Laughlin
Prescott
Yuma
Santa Fe
Gallup
Amarillo
Lubbock
Midland-Odessa
Gillette WY
Sheridan WY
Lethbridge AB
Kamloops BC
DL did serve Gillette, WY at one point I believe and if my memory serves me correctly, I think it was part of a 1-stop via Casper, WY to SLC (SLC-CPR-GCC) or at least one of the daily flights between SLC and GCC went via CPR.

Do agree on PAE. Not that it matters much to me now (hasn’t for a few years) but I wish there had been service out of PAE while I lived there. Mileage wise it was further than SEA but depending on the time of day PAE could be easier to get to if I was going opposite the main flow of traffic along the 405 loop. And for the people on the north side of downtown PAE is way easier (especially for those at the Boeing plant), so I’m surprised it took so long for an airline to look into starting service there, especially since bad traffic in the Seattle area hasn’t been new for a long time.