FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:52 pm
daniellam

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by Markie
Even if they open, it may be that not all vaccines will be accepted by the US, as the Astra-Zeneca one (that I had) is not CDC approved.
Apparently according to the CDC's definition of "fully vaccinated" ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...accinated.html ):

In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±

± This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). (COLOURING OF TEXT IS MINE)
Seems like non-FDA approved vaccines are a "footnote" and there is a chance a lot of state and local health authorities (eg. New York) as well as private venues (eg. Bruce Springsteen) might not pay attention to this when coming up with their own regulations.

Note that Los Angeles County also has their own definition of "fully vaccinated" (Travel Advisory and Guidance - LA County Department of Public Health)

Delay travel until you’re fully vaccinated.

If you are eligible, get fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Wait at least two (2) weeks after getting your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or after getting the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine to travel—it takes time for your body to build protection after any vaccination.

If you do not wait as described above, you are considered NOT fully vaccinated.

Note: You are also considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after you finished the series of COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (for example, AstraZeneca/Oxford and Sinopharm) (COLOURING OF TEXT IS MINE).