FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:27 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by mileshound
This makes me nervous. We are arriving in F terminal and need to transfer to A for a flight to Aruba. We only have 41 minutes if we are on time (flight has 90% on time record). I figure it will take 10-15 minutes from getting to the gate to deplaning and getting on the bus + 10 min on the bus ride to A and 5 min to walk/run the gate in A. That eats up 30 min and puts us at the 10 min mark, but it is an international flight so will they close the doors earlier?

Are my time assumptions correct?

This is a FC award in October and there literally are no other options on AA or UA. I guess AUA is poplar that day. If we miss the flight, there literally are no other flights that day so we would have to overnight.
Your assumptions are pretty spot on, this one will be very tight. The MCT for domestic to int'l from an Eagle flight is 40 mins, so this one is barely legal by 1 minute.

That said, schedules for October are nowhere near finalized yet, so I'm not sure I'd be stressing about it just yet. Just keep an eye on it over the next 2 months.

Any schedule change would most likely result in either 1) a shorter connection, which would be illegal and let you rebook pretty much any routing to AUA for free, or 2) a longer connection at PHL. Both work in your favor.

On int'l connections you have 24 hrs to connect, so if things were to stand, any options to get to PHL the night before?

AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.