FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:16 pm
DL77

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by Visconti
And, combined with LETTERBOY's accurately pointing out that most Americans, for whatever reason, just don't care about traveling abroad. So, it makes perfect sense for both politicians and gov't bureaucrats to simply play it safe. You can just see all those "meetings about the meeting" just to give the impression that they're working diligently on accomplishing something. By keeping the ban, if there's another waive, they'll just say things would have been far worse if they didn't insist on the restrictions; and, conversely, if things improved, they can cite that it wouldn't have been the case had they not continued the restrictions. Win/win for them, but a lost for the rest of us who have business interests and/or family abroad.
I have never had any respect for European political institutions, I must say that in this particular situation they seem to me to be giants of humanity, education and respect when compared to the disgusting behavior of the American administration.