FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which aircraft for Polaris to Europe for a couple, 787-10 vs 763
Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:59 pm
deb86305

Originally Posted by dkc192
If it's helpful, I would also consider IAH, which pre-Covid was flown on a 772. You get Polaris seating with center pairs if that's what you and/or your partner prefer, a longer TATL flight and thus shorter flight in domestic F, and an easier international-to-domestic connection experience than ORD or EWR. At ORD you definitely need to switch terminals using a landside train (assuming the train modernization project is finally complete by April 2022), and at EWR there is a chance you would need to make a similar switch (the customs area at terminal C is currently closed due to reduced traffic, and even when it is open some UA international flights arrive at terminal B due to gate constraints).
I did see this flight. My only concern is that Seat Guru shows a 4 class 772 with Polaris being 2-4-2 with some having the backward facing seats. I know that Seat Guru isn't always accurate, but I would hate to be on this aircraft. If it was the upgraded, I would definently be interested. It does show the upgraded configuration on United's site for this flight so guessing I should trust that more than Seat Guru. Plus wondering if 1 hour 45 minutes may be tight for our connect back to PHX. Thank you

Last edited by deb86305; Jun 9, 2021 at 5:05 pm Reason: want to add content