FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:57 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The words of mine you quoted mentioned that it’s de facto a recommendation as CDC doesn’t have police going around enforcing self-quarantine guidance.

Originally Posted by DL77
If you allow me, before talking about quarantines you must at least know that you cannot enter. Then we will discuss about quarantine which in any case in the US is an '' optional '' that in some states is not even considered ... first we talk about reciprocity and entry, then if necessary, even quarantine. The problem is that the European Commissioner doesn't even know the rules, don't overestimate them, they are even worse than they seem.
The Commissioner seems to have paid attention to the US CDC quarantine language applicable also to travel from Europe to the US. Seems to me to be the opposite of coming into the situation from a position based on “ignorance”. Rather it seems to come from a position based on respecting what the CDC wants — even while disagreeing with the CDC’s quarantine application to travel from Europe too.

Sounds like the Commissioner wants the CDC recommended quarantine gone for Europeans arriving into the US.