FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greece - Travel Since Reopening
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:23 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by SiPi
I read the last page of this thread.
A: Wondering if there might be any added liability or risks for larger groups traveling together for leisure Nonstop NY to Greece? (not all travelers will be vaccinated) travelers are US, UK and CA nationals, ehich I understand all have the same status as far as entry is concerned.

B: Also, if traveling onward ATH to SKG same day of arrival (separate ticket, NY to ATH is on UA, ATH to SKG is on Aegean) can travelers use same pcr test result if still within 72 hour window?
C: Lastly, is it sufficient to show proof of return trip from any EU country (group plans to return from Ukraine) or must show entire itinerary, including how they'd get to final city of departure ?
And if return is on a different airline/ticket?
tia.
A: No difference, added liability or risks. You can all enter as long as you are vaccinated (last shot at least 14 days prior to travel to Greece) or have a PCR test done < 72 hours before arrival in Greece.
B. Yes, as long as the PCR test is <72 prior to the scheduled time of departure of your domestic Greek flight
C. Ukraine is not in the EU/Schengen, so it's irrelevant for the Greeks as well as for any US check-in agent that you are flying from Ukraine to the US. They would rather be more interested in proof of a ticket out of Greece and the Schengen Zone, so that would be a ticket Greece>Ukraine. If you don't have tickets yet (eg. when making a long tour across Eastern Europe by bus/train) then they might ask for your itinerary and perhaps some other proof (hotel bookings, flight ticket back to the US at the end of it) if you happen to come across an over-inquisitive agent. None of it may be needed in the end, but I would always err on the side of caution and prepare as much documentation as you can possible get, especially when embarking on a longer, more complicated trip which might not be obvious to understand for your average check-in agent or border guard.