FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Jun 3, 2021, 1:08 am
mikebor

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by No Clue
Interesting, thanks for the link. It would appear to be an improvement over the standard concierge lounge.
It's not an improvement over the regular concierge lounges imo, it's a flashy name with much less than we used to get. Before the pandemic I stayed at a few hotels that had M Clubs and usually the night food consisted of very very very small plates of only 1 or 2 choices that weren't very appetizing. The old concierge lounges gave us much more food, bigger portions. I spoke with a GM who confided in me and told me that the executives didn't like how much food the lounges were providing because it was taking away business from the restaurants and food outlets.

Luckily there are still some regular concierge lounges still around but because of the pandemic you gotta wonder if it will ever return to how it used to be.

Bottom line is the M lounge sounds fancy and exotic and that's what good marketing does - however the food offerings suck compared to what it used to be in the regular lounges and that's done purposely. I can't speak for the breakfast part of it though because I haven't gone in there during that time.