FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kimpton De Witt Hotel Amsterdam (Master Thread)
Old May 29, 2021, 2:52 pm
HadesNL

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Reporting live again from the Penthouse suite. At the moment having a very comfortable stay.

The day started with a warm welcome back from reception. They remembered us from our previous stay which is a nice touch.

I emailed ahead my preferences and the lady went in detail to discuss them. She was delighted to hear that i could mention the secret password as it is still fresh from the press.

We were granted an early checkin and could make use of our suite right away.
The suite was exactly the same as last time, it was clean and cool and thoughtfully set up again with plates and cutlery, a tea set and my InnerCircle welcome amenity.

Welcome amenity with a tea set

InnerCircle welcome amenity

The weather cooperating, we first went out to do some shopping and eating lunch at https://www.bhattipasal.nl and when we went back to the hotel we were surprised to see this on the dining table.

The secret password surprise + InnerCircle special

This is the secret password surprise.
A hipflask filled with the cocktail "Cosmic Daisy" for two.

And i think due to being InnerCircle, we were offered a hotel monogrammed copper hued cocktailshaker and keychain. Was genuinely surprised that they would make such an effort. I've read reports here on flyertalk that some Kimptons resorted to just handing out a candybar.

I have also nothing less then praise for the english speaking female roomservice operator who took our dinner order and managed to get all the items deliverd exactly as requested and already pre-emptively informing me that they would like to offer me the chef's taste surprise. She brought the food up and explained that it consisted of 1) sweet potato dumpling, 2) a red beet yoghurt salad, 3) grilled octopus, 4) mushroom tacos and an extra dessert of mangopudding with fruitjelly.

The three small plates and the medium plate are the chef's taste. The two larges plates on the right are the fishtacos and charred carrot

The desserts were rhubarb with fig icream and cheesecake

For now i can firmly conclude that this hotel went the extra mile and treats its InnerCircle members quite generously.

It feels great that during the pandemic this hotel makes at least a good effort to make you feel welcomed as a guest.

Last edited by HadesNL; May 30, 2021 at 4:33 am