FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Marriott Bonvoy Stays and Services Due to Covid (Discussion Thread)
Old May 25, 2021, 9:40 pm
GrayAnderson

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Problem is any list would have to be updated weekly. Things are very fluid right now.
I mean, at this point I don't have much of a problem having hotels be on the list until they make it clear they have their act together. Given that hotel pricing is starting to return to normal in many areas (though I can't necessarily speak to occupancy rates), I feel like the "excuse" of being unable to recruit workers who are willing to take poverty wages is running a little bit thin (especially in areas where worker availability isn't still being squeezed by schools being out of session). I'm sympathetic to some of the managers, but (for example) I don't think it is too much to expect a reasonable pace of housekeeping and other "normal" benefits at prices of over $100/night for a CY or somewhat more for a full-service property.

(I realize that business is, well, busier on weekends than during the week now...but I've had to deal with limited-service situations during the week more than I care to think about. As always, I know it's a first-world problem, but I don't feel bad complaining if the restaurant/bar is closed on the night I'm passing through...it is rather annoying not to be able to get a snack on arrival after a day of driving, especially in a downtown area where things might or might not be open "in the area"...)