FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old May 20, 2021, 7:00 am
plunet

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by atourgates
Also the question of how likely things are to be back to "normal" by then. I mean, I assume they will be, but I never assumed the pandemic would last this long either.
Ah well, that's a very good question. I might suggest the purchase of a crystal ball, cos no one knows. But on the basis of what is happening at the moment with new variants emerging I suspect that international travel is going to be tricky until a large majority of the global population are immune to the virus. Science is doing a good job to keep up with the virus although the scale of the job ahead to immunise everyone is still significant. And whilst the mood music is broadly positive at the moment as all the major vaccines so far appear to impact the new variants, but that could all change at relatively short notice. I still remember being in China in late Jan 2020 and booking a ticket, making a quick exit from the city I was in through roadblocks to get to the airport to sitting on the plane in the space of 5 hours.