FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Marriott Bonvoy Stays and Services Due to Covid (Discussion Thread)
Old May 14, 2021, 10:35 pm
The Road Goes On Forever

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Segments
So new post Covid elite benefits will be daily housekeeping in lieu the breakfast benefit? LOL…can’t wait to see how they spin these enhancements.
I don't know about that but my best guess is that we'll see almost a two tiered system in place where at full service properties you may eventually get the amenities and services offered pre-pandemic, but watch where rates go in the process. Limited service places I think go to where if you want daily housekeeping you need to pay a fee for that or possibly it might get waived for top tier frequent stay members but it definitely won't be there for all rooms/guests. It's a whole new world and no one knows where things will be in the industry in six months or in a year. All I know is that as long as standards are allowed to be interpreted versus enforced (and that's what is happening right now across the industry with every major brand) and until property audits return in a more stringent format, expect things like shuttles, pools, gyms, breakfast and housekeeping to be closed/suspended/modified indefinitely because that's what the owner/management company wants to help pad their bottom line.