FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Marriott Bonvoy Stays and Services Due to Covid (Discussion Thread)
Old May 14, 2021, 8:42 am
jwvw89

Programs: Hilton Gold
I have just about had it with this crap and wish that Marriott Corporate would crack down on these hotels that are bad offenders.

Just completed a stay at the Marriott DFW North and it is laughable what they are doing. First, I checked in and there was no recognition of my Titanium status, very transactional check-in - Name? ID? Credit Card? I later had to inquire about what the breakfast benefit would be. The night desk agent said that I would be receiving a hot "grab and go" breakfast - the idea that they are still doing grab and go even after Texas has had restaurants open for nearly a year now is laughable but I thought whatever. In the morning I go down to get breakfast and they tell me this would be $14.99 and it is not the Titanium breakfast benefit. I go to the front desk and inquire and they inform me I was giving wrong information and that the breakfast benefit is a "Continental to Go Bag" that has a cold pastry, yogurt and fruit. I told them that is insulting especially when other full service restaurants around the country have resumed their normal breakfast and they are offering a better breakfast already. If the Marriott LAX (where LA has some of the strictest Covid rules) can start offering a full normal breakfast again - certainly this property as well as all other properties in the US can do so as well.

Summer travel is coming, planes are full. These properties better get their act together in the next couple of weeks because now that the CDC says no more mask, in the mind of the public - Covid is over. This cost saving and screw the elites crap was getting old 4 months ago and at this point it is pathetic especially in a place like Texas where there have been no Covid restrictions since March.