FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question Related to Rebooking a Partial First Ticket During IRROPS
Old May 12, 2021, 8:01 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
if you’re looking to book the SEA-BWI redeye, there is a very high probability that it will be cancelled

if, as you say, the same fare is available on the return where SEA-PDX is in F, you should have no problem rebooking into F on a morning flight
Thank you for the reply,
Yes, I was looking to book the SEA-BWI redeye as that is the flight that has the cheaper First Class buckets available on most days.
Flying this route on the daytime SEA-BWI flight is unfortunately, significantly more expensive.

Originally Posted by jrl767
if you’re willing to pay for a hotel, you could *probably* convince AS to rebook onto PDX-LAX-DCA/DCA-LAX-PDX
(this would be even easier if you book your original MR as two one-ways, as the early morning return will likely be axed when the redeye goes)
Yes, I have thought about AS allowing to changing airports within the same city. I might be willing to pay for a hotel or do a turnaround at IAD where I could fly a red-eye from SEA. I might also try some creative routings to maximize Tier Points ( BA equivalent of AS EQM's ) like PDX-LAX-SEA-DCA/IAD, etc...