Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Question Related to Rebooking a Partial First Ticket During IRROPS

Old May 11, 21, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards

Dear folks,

I am planning to book the $329 Domestic First deal from PDX to BWI via SEA as part of a mileage-run.
Unfortunately, all PDX-SEA flights in the evening during my intended travel dates are operated with a DH8 thus that leg books on "B" fare class but the transcontinental leg is in "I" fare class.

I know that the dates that I'm looking for has a placeholder schedule, thus, it's likely that there would be a schedule change.
In case of one, would I be able to request a full First Class itinerary or would the short leg be rebooked on Economy?

This is a combined SEA-BWI fare on "I" fare bucket and not a combination of two different fares. The fare does only allow a maximum of 4 hour connections so I can't book myself on an earlier SEA-PDX flight that has an F cabin.

Sidenote: When booking BWI-SEA-PDX, the same fare is available with the SEA-PDX leg on an aircraft equipped with First Class.
Old May 11, 21, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
if you’re looking to book the SEA-BWI redeye, there is a very high probability that it will be cancelled

if, as you say, the same fare is available on the return where SEA-PDX is in F, you should have no problem rebooking into F on a morning flight

if you’re willing to pay for a hotel, you could *probably* convince AS to rebook onto PDX-LAX-DCA/DCA-LAX-PDX
(this would be even easier if you book your original MR as two one-ways, as the early morning return will likely be axed when the redeye goes)
Old May 12, 21, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
if you’re looking to book the SEA-BWI redeye, there is a very high probability that it will be cancelled

if, as you say, the same fare is available on the return where SEA-PDX is in F, you should have no problem rebooking into F on a morning flight
Thank you for the reply,
Yes, I was looking to book the SEA-BWI redeye as that is the flight that has the cheaper First Class buckets available on most days.
Flying this route on the daytime SEA-BWI flight is unfortunately, significantly more expensive.

if you’re willing to pay for a hotel, you could *probably* convince AS to rebook onto PDX-LAX-DCA/DCA-LAX-PDX
(this would be even easier if you book your original MR as two one-ways, as the early morning return will likely be axed when the redeye goes)
Yes, I have thought about AS allowing to changing airports within the same city. I might be willing to pay for a hotel or do a turnaround at IAD where I could fly a red-eye from SEA. I might also try some creative routings to maximize Tier Points ( BA equivalent of AS EQM's ) like PDX-LAX-SEA-DCA/IAD, etc...
Old May 12, 21, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
lots of other discussions in the forum about vanishing redeyes, so not a bad idea to book with expectation of being able to change to something that's otherwise significantly more expensive
Old May 12, 21, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

lots of other discussions in the forum about vanishing redeyes, so not a bad idea to book with expectation of being able to change to something that's otherwise significantly more expensive
Thanks for sharing the link.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: