FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PQD Change Fee Recognition
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2021, 7:47 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpicur
Oh Wise UA Flyertalkers:

I have a question about how Premier Qualifying Dollars are calculated when a member changes a flight and pays the higher fare. Here is my scenario:

I purchased a o/w ticket SRQ-ORD in something like "S" class for $118.40 for May 8. I decided to move up my travel date to May 5. Using United.Com I found a flight on May 5, paid an additional $259 and my ticket was confirmed. The Confirmation Number did not change but I am not certain about the ticket number. I also purchased an upgrade for $129.

When I completed my trip, I received the following PQDs: SRQ-ORD= $245, Day of Departure Upgrade = $129. Total PQDs = $374. However, I would have thought some portion of the first ticket payment, i.e. $118.40 would have been included in the total PQDs. Clearly it was not. Is this a valid point and should I escalate it to United ?
In an up-fare scenario like you're describing, the entire amount should be eligible for PQPs, less taxes and fees (note -- PQDs have gone away, but they're functionally the same in this case). If travel is complete on the ticket -- there are no remaining unflown segments -- then you should contact UA for a correction. (Based on your statement that this was a one-way ticket, that seems to be the case).