FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 11/05/21 - BA load more flights to 13 destinations from LHR for Summer Hols
Old May 11, 2021, 9:58 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because nearly 3% of people arriving in the UK from Turkey, all of whom had a negative test, turned out to be carrying Covid. The bulk of them could be described as having connections with the Indian sub continent. The UK background rate is 0.04%.
Exactly, people arriving from the Indian subcontinent were trying to go use Turkey to reach the UK with false negative tests and with false declarations on their passenger locator forms that they haven't been to a red-list country; it was unavoidable that UK needed to stay stop to this.

It's really sad but I have also seen some FT members asking advice about this getaway from the community to avoid the hotel quarantine.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm not sure I understand. Assuming red list inclusion was only because of the risk from quarantine evasion (and that's a brave assumption), how will that risk have evaporated in only a few weeks ?
We'll all see...
I am also waiting for Turkey's solution.