FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PCR test airside in DOH
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2021, 10:17 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
When did this take effect for transit? We were just through DOH on the 1st and 7th and there was no such requirement. We were traveling to ATH on solely vaccination document. NO PCR.
The transit PCR option is for those countries who require PCR tests and the PCR test being expired during travel. As you mentioned Greece doesn't require a PCR test from vaccinated travelers. What the guideline meant is that if you required a PCR test for your destination, you wouldn't be able to board your XXX-DOH flight without presenting a negative certificate at XXX.

Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Another question is what are Qatar doing if the stopover length is meaning it's very hard to actually fulfil the test requirement for countries that stipulate a time window from entry into the country as opposed to from embarkation time (actually I think this is very rare, most countries I have seen USA/Turkey etc stipulate time window is from departure or first departure point)

I wonder if QR are letting pax board on the condition they do a test in DOH, or are just denying boarding?
They are probably denying boarding, QR wouldn't budge to take the risk.