FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2021, 9:02 am
Schwann

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mawr
Does anyone know if you are required to show a frontline worker ID when checking in with a frontline discount?

After a 1.5 hour attempt to price match a Priceline hotel (long story short, they both had the same nightly rate but Priceline had a ~5% tax rate and Hilton had a ~15% tax rate for some reason, leading to a pretty big difference in check out price, and the rep was going in circles trying to understand tax laws and we both couldn't figure it out), the rep said he could not price match but he could apply a different discount code if I booked through the phone with him. I said yes and he booked it for me, and I have not thought much about it. But I just noticed my reservation says something like "thank you for being a frontline worker". I looked at their frontline thank you website, and saw it says Proper ID checked upon arrival, which I do not have (I am not a frontline worker).

I am now thinking that maybe the rep was getting annoyed with me and just wanted me to book something or get off the phone, so he manually applied the frontline discount code to my order to get me to book it. But if I need to show a frontline ID at the check in, will I get turned away or will the rep at the desk be able to see my call history or notes for my booking? Any help here or if someone has been through the same situation, advice would be much appreciated!
I qualify for the rate but never had to show any evidence. I have used the discount a few times.