FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with a specific booking YYZ to MLE
Old May 4, 2021, 3:12 am
ibby

Originally Posted by tex1721
Hi, first good luck on the search.... I spent a year looking at flights... just about everyday for my June 2021 trip. I recently booked Emirates, two one -way J fare from JFK - MLE (via DXB with a 4 day stopover for 235K amex points, transferred to Skyward points. It is expensive but I am getting about 5 cents of value per point. I am on waitlist for first class, will cost another 108K amex points. Emirates does have lower surcharges now so that is a benefit.

My return is on TK from IST to IAH (direct).

Incidentally TK does fly direct from MLE to IST. I am on the July 1st flight (hopefully). The November flight gets in on the 18th (TK 730), looked via TK website.

I dont have any other info as I am only a United/Star Alliance guy and Amex points holder and not overly familiar with the Aeroplan site.
thanks for sharing your feedback!

I am seriously debating doing what you did… looks like the best routing I can find through aeroplan is with 2 undesirable stops. Might just bite the bullet and transfer MR to book Emirates. Looks like they have one seat left at 180k and the second seat at 235k return. Although the taxes are still showing at CAD $650 per person. Is that normal for Emirates? The star alliance booking I have now via IAD AUH MLE only cost $200 pp for taxes.