FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott property deflag without warning! CS full of bad faith! I've been Bonvoyed!
Old May 3, 2021, 1:27 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Curious about point reservation being honored at Sheraton Moorea, They surely didn't get SPG paid for the stay as they already deflagged.
Did they switch the reservation to use your Hilton point instead?
No they didn't. I actually had to look it up to refresh my memory since this was 12 years ago. Post # 237 by SanDiego1K confirmed that the property would be honoring all reservations including points bookings. I have to admit that this was rather surprising.

LEAVING IN 2009: Sheraton Moorea, Tahiti [Master Thread] - Page 16 - FlyerTalk Forums

After 5 nights in Moorea, we then went to LM Bora Bora to use up 4 free night certificates. There was a promotion where staying 7 nights at any LM hotel (which I accumulated at LM in Montreal at ~C$129/night), you would get 4 free nights at any LM hotel worldwide (I think LM Bora Bora was ~$600-800/night). Best promo ever! That's when I switched from Marriott to Starwood and got my SPG Plat status for the first time and never looked back, well until 2018. LOL