FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Marriott Bonvoy Stays and Services Due to Covid (Discussion Thread)
Old May 3, 2021, 1:00 pm
Intl359Widget

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
British Colombia is currently under lockdown (no indoor dining). I want to give kudos to 3 properties which excelled at providing the breakfast benefit a few weeks ago in spite of Covid restrictions.

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle: entree, juice, coffee/tea could be ordered from Showcase Restaurant. No outdoor dining available, so you were asked to pick up your food at the restaurant and eat it in your room. Food was served in take out boxes with plastic cutlery, but everything was hot and as well presented as it could be in a box. ​​​​​​ I don’t eat meat but the Lox and bagel was very good per my friend.

Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour: order anything from the Fire & Water breakfast menu, up to $23 worth (even though we went slightly over and were not charged). We ate in the large, covered, outdoor patio area which was equipped with heaters (chilly in the morning). My friend said the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict was outstanding.

Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort: order anything from the Lure breakfast menu including cappuccinos. Breakfast was served on the outdoor balcony which wraps around the indoor dining area. Again, there were heaters for added comfort. The smoked salmon on a bagel was highly recommended.

I’ll post the menus in the individual property threads for those who are interested.

Just goes to show that reputable properties in NA can offer a very decent breakfast in spite of restrictions. It would have been very easy to say “we don’t have enough outdoor space to offer free breakfasts to Tit/Plats”. I plan to continue patronizing these hotels.
I can’t wait for Canada to reopen its borders so that I can go and enjoy Victoria for the weekend and Vancouver once again. Thanks for sharing your experiences.