FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT INFO: Qatar Airways Denying Boarding to transit pax from select countries
Old May 2, 2021, 10:33 pm
florin

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
We all know this... QR is good at some things while failing miserable at others.

- The website is just TERRIBLE. I'm a software person and I cringe every time I go to QR.com - the way it's implemented is absolute garbage.
- QR sucks at IROPS. I can't think of any situation that has been gracefully handled.
- Agents are not empowered to do much. They simply don't have the option to act like a human being, even if they wanted to. It's the way that QR has set up their structure.
- Coms are bad. Long wait times on the phone, emails answered many days later... things like this can be very frustrating to pax.

There is SO much travel-related uncertainty due to Covid nowadays! Rules change all the time. You'd think that over a year into it, airlines would be better at this game by now; you can only play "oh no this got us all by surprise" card for so long...

Selling non-refundable UGs under these circumstances seems evil, IMO

Few countries have adapted their travel rules for people who have been vaccinated.