FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT INFO: Qatar Airways Denying Boarding to transit pax from select countries
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:42 pm
InternationalLiving

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I'm sorry but it looks like your only way to fly would be to lose your upgrade, pay the no-show fee. Although, it's sad but it's the truth that your fiancée should have checked the entry/transit requirements for your itinerary regularly and comply with them.
Except we did. I've even made a video to prove it. If you go to the Qatar Airways home page, or via Manage My Booking, it links you to their Travel Requirements page. If you then enter MNL as the origin and LHR as the destination, the travel advice given DOES NOT mention the new 48-hour PCR rule for transit in Doha. The ONLY way to see that rule is if you enter DOH as the destination (which it's not, it's just a transfer point, and Qatar Airways know that since most pax are transfer pax). There is NO other information anywhere on there website regarding this. Qatar Airways have no legal recourse in defending their current position based on the information they've provided to travellers.