FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:25 pm
lily23

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
The Conrad does not offer any type of COVID-19 return testing. In addition, I have searched high and low throughout all of Bora Bora (all of the resorts and in the settled areas of Viatape, Matira, and Fa'anui) and nowhere offers testing on the island of Bora Bora but for government sponsored testing programs for locals which are not even available on request.

The only option for departure testing is at the Papette International airport on main island Tahiti. The operating hours were from 11am to 6pm in early February but now they are saying tests will be provided from 3pm to 7pm on any date there is an evening departure for to the United States (TN via LAX and UA via SFO). The airport tests are antigen tests (which are accepted by U.S. CDC for entry to the states and provide instant results). I went through the process in early February (just before the shutdown) and the way it worked is that you couldn't get into the International departure hall until after you submitted a test and the machine indicated negative. Interestingly there were a number of false positives in which the first test was positive and then a few minutes later a second test was administered and would come back negative and the passenger was allowed to proceed to the departure gate.

So the question is what about the early morning Air France and French Bee flights to the U.S.? The French Bee flights have been cancelled until early June for a while and as of yesterday Air France just cancelled all of their flights to the U.S. also through June 1st. How this whole reopening goes over the month of May I think will dictate what happens with whether or not Air France or French Bee resume in June.

FYI: The self administered PCR tests that tourists take on day four of their visit are all sent to Papette for processing and only positives are notified.
Thank you for the very detailed answer! My trip is planned for June so I guess might be worth waiting a week or so after the May 1st reopening and see what the experience is like....