FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RT-PCR in Chicago
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:14 am
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by AAguy1979
Thanks for the info. Arcpoint is great - used them last year for a flight to Croatia. The problem was that the results didn't arrive same day as expected. Luckily, at the time, LH didn't require the test for transit and results arrived in time for arrival in Croatia. As LH now requires test results at check-in, can't take the change. The antigen test offered at ORD works - in theory - but I'm hoping to hear first-hand that it worked!
I assume it will take the full 48 hours for all these services that promise 24-48 hour service. I will be going to South Africa in early June and will get my sample taken about 56 hours prior to departure (South Africa has a 72 hour limit). So they can be a little late and I still have everything printed out prior to physically checking in at the airport.

I have been chatting with another provider (link) about their service. They do one of the accelerated RT-PCR tests and promise results in less than 1 hour for $240. According to the email thread their report says RT-PCR and does not include any verbiage for accelerated or rapid testing. It is a physician run immediate care chain and the report includes a statement signed by a physician (their service includes a short physician consultation). So it may be a good solution for destinations requiring a signed report. I want to make it clear that I have not used this provider, so YMMV.