FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RT-PCR in Chicago
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:35 am
AAguy1979

Originally Posted by cheltzel
If you require same day results, there are cheaper labs than $385 for results be the end of day (RT-PCR). What I can find is ARCPoint labs does same day RT-PCR testing for $300. Still no bargain, but cheaper than $385. ARCPoint will do any type of COVID-19 test you want with test locations in Libertyville, Schaumburg and Orland Park. The only issue with ARCPoint I see is they are open only M-F. So if you are flying out on a Monday or Tuesday, you might have an issue with getting the results on time.

The site at the ORD parking garage does RT-PCR testing with results < 48 hours for $145 (Same deal available at MDW). IMO it is the best deal and is open 7 days a week.

The cheapest I have found for the rapid PCR tests (like the nasal swabs done at Walgreens, CVS, etc) is $120.

There are several other places that do expedited RT-PCR testing, but most are only open M-F and all are at least $300.
Thanks for the info. Arcpoint is great - used them last year for a flight to Croatia. The problem was that the results didn't arrive same day as expected. Luckily, at the time, LH didn't require the test for transit and results arrived in time for arrival in Croatia. As LH now requires test results at check-in, can't take the change. The antigen test offered at ORD works - in theory - but I'm hoping to hear first-hand that it worked!