FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 iPad Pro
Thread: 2021 iPad Pro
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:31 am
DeafFlyer

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Curious if anyone has replaced their Macbook Pro with an iPad Pro. My Macbook circa 2015 is humming along OK for now, aside from the battery barely lasting an hour, but my feeling is that given how I use the machine, I am probably OK with the switch especially as I have a Windows laptop stored at home that I connect to over VNV Viewer to access the GDS and if there is the odd piece of software that won't run on the iPad, I can put it on the Windows machine and connect to it via VNC.

I just don't want one of those mushy feel keyboards, I would rather have a proper keyboard with traveling keys and a usable mouse, but then disconnect the iPad part to go portable when needed.

Then again, at these prices I am getting into Macbook Pro or Macbook Air territory.
I would get the MacBook Pro. However, I have used the 2020 iPad Pro 12.9 exclusively for almost a year. Only occasionally have i needed to use a laptop. I still love it, but more and more i need the MBP 2017 we have. I’m waiting for a MacBook Air to arrive soon to cover my laptop needs. The Magic Keyboard is expensive, but typing on the keyboard is better than my other computers. The $350 was too much, but after having it for so long, i don’t regret spending the money for it. It was a better keyboard than the Logitech one we had for it before we got this one. I’m not upgrading to the new M1 version, but the new iPad Pro 12.9 doesn’t work with the older keyboard. Not sure about the 11 inch one. Just make sure you get the correct keyboard for it if you get one.