FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are bonus points from Southwest hotels CP qualifying?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 2:51 pm
AllThePants

Originally Posted by azepine00
Looks like yes based on some posts from a few years ago - just wanna check on recent results..

Looks like I can add 2k pts twice in reservation process - one as a part of room selection and another on checkout page adding 4k to whatever hotel itself earns.

If all qualifying then this is prob the easiest way to cover remaining few k for me...
The last time I did it -- which was admittedly two years ago --- yes, it was. They all show up as "RocketMiles" or some weird thing like that, but qualified for CP points. Managed to get 14K points (10K + 4K "Booster" points) from a 1-night stay to push me over the CP threshold for the year -- you're basically buying RR points at a slightly inflated rate above the hotel's advertised or discount (e.g. Priceline/Hotwire) rate, and forfeiting any hotel loyalty points you would've otherwise accrued. In this case it was a Marriott (which I'm not really a tiered member at, so I didn't care) -- so was happy to let SWA/RocketMiles take their pound of flesh up front for a year's worth of CP.