Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are bonus points from Southwest hotels CP qualifying?

Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like yes based on some posts from a few years ago - just wanna check on recent results..

Looks like I can add 2k pts twice in reservation process - one as a part of room selection and another on checkout page adding 4k to whatever hotel itself earns.

If all qualifying then this is prob the easiest way to cover remaining few k for me...
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:22 am

Can't you see in your "recent activity" and sort by CP qualifying?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Looks like yes based on some posts from a few years ago - just wanna check on recent results..

Looks like I can add 2k pts twice in reservation process - one as a part of room selection and another on checkout page adding 4k to whatever hotel itself earns.

If all qualifying then this is prob the easiest way to cover remaining few k for me...
The last time I did it -- which was admittedly two years ago --- yes, it was. They all show up as "RocketMiles" or some weird thing like that, but qualified for CP points. Managed to get 14K points (10K + 4K "Booster" points) from a 1-night stay to push me over the CP threshold for the year -- you're basically buying RR points at a slightly inflated rate above the hotel's advertised or discount (e.g. Priceline/Hotwire) rate, and forfeiting any hotel loyalty points you would've otherwise accrued. In this case it was a Marriott (which I'm not really a tiered member at, so I didn't care) -- so was happy to let SWA/RocketMiles take their pound of flesh up front for a year's worth of CP.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Can't you see in your "recent activity" and sort by CP qualifying?
i hope to confirm before spending $100+ extra on bonus points and booking hotel i dont normally pick...
Old Apr 24, 2021, 3:22 pm

I did it last October and it was qualifying. I got 5000 points for one night including doing the boost that they offer on the checkout page. It does say in the terms that the name has to match your RR account exactly which had me worried because I accidentally used an abbreviation of my name on the reservation but it still went through fine. I personally think it is great way to get some extra points for the companion pass. Like the PP mentioned, you pay a little more than the points are worth to redeem when compared to using something like Hotwire so getting the boost over the companion pass threshold is the only reason I see to use it.
synergistic likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:37 pm

Glad to hear it was still working fairly recently - I used it to top off a couple years ago, it's a great option. The premium is worth it if you end up with CP out of the deal.
Air Houston likes this.

Last edited by synergistic; Apr 24, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 4:30 pm

Trying to top off with this again, but the timeline for points deposit has changed since I did it last - it used to be 3-5 days, but it's been a week and no points yet. I was able to see on my receipt that I entered my account number correctly (phew) but the terms give them several weeks so I can't really chase it yet. I'm not in a time crunch, so not really a big deal, but it was nice to have the points post before I'd forgotten where I stayed when.

Edit: guess I just needed to complain - they posted this morning, eight days after checkout. They did post as CP qualifying. I have another SWH stay this weekend, I'll post how long that one takes.

Last edited by synergistic; May 7, 2021 at 11:04 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.