FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philly in May
Thread: Philly in May
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2021, 12:21 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I'm fully covid-vaccinated and want to get out of town for a bit over the spring. I was thinking of taking a long weekend in Philly next month, most likely the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Does it seem like enough things will be open to make the trip worthwhile?

Basically, I'd just like to walk around Center City and environs, enjoy the change of scenery, maybe check out a couple of museums, and eat/drink (the latter ideally outdoors). I was hoping that some locals could tell me whether that seems doable. NYC is pretty much open for business at this point, and I'm hoping that Philly will be more or less as well.

Thanks for any thoughts! And if anyone has tips on where to go, what to eat, etc., please do share!
I don’t see museums being open in a few weeks.

DC the smithsonians haven’t moved on reopening and likely won’t until late June with low capacity admissions.

Pholadrlphia is likrly similar to DC with still lower vaccination rates given access issues to minorities.